logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Please test branch NET-no-NOD

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sat Oct 19 13:48:05 BST 2019

Hi Ticker,

yes, it is already quite complicated. In Australia I see islands of private tracks with a total length of > 50.000 m.

I've also not yet decided where the checks should be done (StyledConverter or RoadNetwork). StyledConverter still knows the OSM way, RoadNetwork doesn't.
On the other hand RoadNetwork does all the network calculations and therefore it seems stupid to code them also in StyledConverter.

Please check r4304:
http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/websvn/revision.php?repname=mkgmap&rev=4304
http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/download/mkgmap-NET-no-NOD-r4304.zip

Sample output:
SEVERE (RoadNetwork): test/resources/in/osm/uk-test-1.osm.gz: check for routing islands found 5 islands
SEVERE (RoadNetwork): test/resources/in/osm/uk-test-1.osm.gz: routing island with  1 routing node(s) at 51.554362,-0.197136 has length 156 m
SEVERE (RoadNetwork): test/resources/in/osm/uk-test-1.osm.gz: routing island with  2 routing node(s) at 51.623528,-0.143968 has length 263 m
SEVERE (RoadNetwork): test/resources/in/osm/uk-test-1.osm.gz: routing island with  2 routing node(s) at 51.623368,-0.146458 has length 1063 m
SEVERE (RoadNetwork): test/resources/in/osm/uk-test-1.osm.gz: routing island with  3 routing node(s) at 51.640080,-0.143457 has length 282 m
SEVERE (RoadNetwork): test/resources/in/osm/uk-test-1.osm.gz: routing island with  4 routing node(s) at 51.583387,-0.157835 has length 2250 m
SEVERE (RoadNetwork): test/resources/in/osm/uk-test-1.osm.gz: routing island check took 20 ms

All islands are reported, no matter how many nodes there are. There is no particular order for now.
Sample output when option --x-check-routing-island-len=500 is used:
SEVERE (RoadNetwork): e:\osm_out_work\wales\63240001.osm.pbf: routing island with  2 routing node(s) at 53.326519,-3.453854 has length 697 m
SEVERE (RoadNetwork): e:\osm_out_work\wales\63240001.osm.pbf: routing island with  2 routing node(s) at 53.314260,-3.502073 has length 106 m
SEVERE (RoadDef): e:\osm_out_work\wales\63240001.osm.pbf: road (http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/511855016) is removed from NOD, length: 105 m
SEVERE (RoadDef): e:\osm_out_work\wales\63240001.osm.pbf: road (http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/511855016) is removed from NOD, length: 1 m
SEVERE (RoadNetwork): e:\osm_out_work\wales\63240001.osm.pbf: routing island with  2 routing node(s) at 53.313371,-3.501693 has length 109 m
SEVERE (RoadDef): e:\osm_out_work\wales\63240001.osm.pbf: road (http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/511855022) is removed from NOD, length: 107 m
SEVERE (RoadDef): e:\osm_out_work\wales\63240001.osm.pbf: road (http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/511855022) is removed from NOD, length: 2 m
SEVERE (RoadNetwork): e:\osm_out_work\wales\63240001.osm.pbf: routing island with  2 routing node(s) at 53.313692,-3.502430 has length 25 m
SEVERE (RoadDef): e:\osm_out_work\wales\63240001.osm.pbf: road (http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/511855021) is removed from NOD, length: 22 m
SEVERE (RoadDef): e:\osm_out_work\wales\63240001.osm.pbf: road (http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/511855021) is removed from NOD, length: 3 m
It shows that many islands are in fact closed Ways which were split for routing purposes, ofter areas.