logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Please test branch NET-no-NOD

From Ticker Berkin rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk on Fri Oct 18 15:28:56 BST 2019

Hi Gerd

That runs OK.

As before, I get lots of 2 node roads - often bridges over streams in
open land, and quite a few (about 1/10 the number of the 2 noders) are
3 and 4 nodes - frequently paths between buildings in schools /
campuses and short bits of path at either end of the bridges in open
land.

I upped the test from 5 to 10 and got more of the same + networks of
short paths on golf courses, walkways on piers (which should have been
connected to something), paths in an enclosed quadrangle, etc, etc

All of these I would consider to be a hindrance to route calculations.

Having an option, defaulting to, say, 10, to stop these road-islands
being added to NOD must be a good idea. Setting the value to 0 would
give the current behaviour

Ticker