logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Please test branch NET-no-NOD

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Fri Oct 18 10:25:32 BST 2019

Hi Ticker,

please check: attached is a simple patch that implements the calculation of routing islands.
It just reports islands with less than 5 routing nodes and the position of one of the nodes.
It ignores such islands which have at least one node that is a boundary node.
Remember that we also create nodes oncountry borders. Maybe those should be ignored here?

A more detailed test might also check the access attributes, so that we report islands for pedestrian, bicycle etc.

The patch doesn't change the data written to the img files. Please play with it and let me know how it works for you.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Ticker Berkin <rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk>
Gesendet: Samstag, 12. Oktober 2019 19:34
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Please test branch NET-no-NOD

Hi Gerd

I was thinking of a threshold (maybe < 5) and then not adding any of
them to NOD.

The reason is that a while ago I found many instances where tracks lead
up to the edge of car-parks but didn't join to each other or the car
-park access road and so walking routing, where one was expected to
cross the car-park, didn't work. I tried adding a footway around the
edge of the car-park and this helped in a lot of cases but I got
driving route-calculation-error in or out of the car-park if the access
road wasn't correctly specified. Your latest change will help in a lot
of instances but sometimes there car-park was defined by more than 1
line.

Ticker