logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [mkgmap-svn] Commit r4300: experimental code to reduce NOD size (option --routable)

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sat Oct 12 15:50:18 BST 2019

Hi Ticker,

just try it. Routing seems to work as well. Maybe there is a difference in estimated times.
Can't test it right now because my dev PC seems to be broken, it doesn't boot anymore :(

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Ticker Berkin <rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk>
Gesendet: Samstag, 12. Oktober 2019 13:54
An: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk; mkgmap-svn at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] [mkgmap-svn] Commit r4300: experimental code to reduce NOD size (option --routable)

Hi Gerd

(I started writing this before your next post arrived)

Assuming I understand the resultant behaviour correctly concerning the
2nd change: I'm against the idea not having NODs for terminal roads
becoming the default. It may not have obvious effects in heavily built
up areas, but elsewhere, a reasonably proportion of places that someone
might wish to navigate to are reached by a single track/driveway. The
entrance to this access road will rarely be the closest point a road.
Sometimes it is even a different road!

Ticker