logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Please test branch NET-no-NOD

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sat Oct 12 11:17:56 BST 2019

Hi all,

I've tried to work out under what conditions we need routing nodes when using OSM input (not polish *mp):
See http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/websvn/revision.php?repname=mkgmap&rev=4300
for details.

Please try the new version with a few tiles (maybe 4).
The version r4301 produces some messages like
SCHWERWIEGEND (StyledConverter): d:\mkgmap\test\resources\in\osm\uk-test-1.osm.gz: check: road without connection is not written to NOD Wildwood Rise (OSM id 4013934) 51.570805,-0.178385
SCHWERWIEGEND (StyledConverter): f:\osm\wildeshausen.o5m: check: road without connection is not written to NOD (OSM id 243082453) 52.903136,8.414926

These are not errors, they just help to find the places where the result of the branch version is (very) different.

Please compare a map produced with the trunk version (r4299) with a new map produced with the branch version and check address search and routing at some places printed with these error messages.
Please try also new experimental option --x-all-roads-to-nod . If given, mkgmap will add at least one routing node to each routable line so that it is added to NOD.

I hope the program is stable, so you should not see crashes, else please let me know details.
Pleaase let me know which result you prefer.
1) trunk r4299
2) branch r4301 WITHOUT option --x-all-roads-to-nod
3) branch r4301 WITH option --x-all-roads-to-nod

 1) should give the largest file, 2) the smallest,  3) between