logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [Patch] improve handling of only-restrictions with via ways

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Fri Oct 11 08:39:00 BST 2019

Hi Ticker,

the problem was caused by a "via" way that was split. I think this should be avoided whenever possible.
Please test attached patch. It contains two changes:
- via ways are not split when --link-pois-to-ways is used and a point sets a different road-speed or road-class.
I think I always intended to avoid that but the code did not catch all places.
- if a "via" way has to be split the restrictions are set to invalid and thus no error is produced.

The new error message in LinkDestinationHook should never happen, the calling code seems to make sure that via ways are not split.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Gerd Petermann <gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com>
Gesendet: Freitag, 11. Oktober 2019 06:53
An: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] [Patch] improve handling of only-restrictions with    via ways

Hi Ticker,

Ticker Berkin wrote
> If I comment out:
>   highway=traffic_signals | highway=crossing {set mkgmap:road-speed=1}
> from points, or run with --no-link-pois-to-ways, I don't get the error.

Yes, you are right. I am now able to reproduce the error message. I forgot
about the feature to set a different road atttribute. This feature requires
that the way is split (and this produces a corresponding warning "via way of
restriction is split, restriction will be ignored", but mkgmap still tries
to add the restriction relation later.
Seems I was too lazy to implement this correctly for via ways as they were
rarely used. I'll have a closer look again.