logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Turn Restrictions using three ways - design guide for OSM mappers?

From blc blc at mail.vanade.com on Tue Oct 8 05:05:05 BST 2019

Still having a bit of misunderstanding, I think.

Maybe take a look at relation 2155309 which also triggers the warning.

Here there appears to be no other relations describing this turn other
than the one more that prohibits left turns on the right turn ramp which
is only tangentally related.  My take is that the mapper decided to write
it this way for some reason, perhaps there's a sign that says such, I don't
know.  While this too can be written as two TRs:
- one to prohibit right turns
- one to prohibit U-turns.

iD even seems to understand this way-as-via does both with just one
restriction relation, you can click and mouse over the voodoo doll
sidebar and it seems to understand the original mapper's intent.  In fact
I think you can make iD can create way-as-via only relations.

So what should a mapper have done here from the get go?  Should they
have omitted it completely?  What about a QA fixer?  Or should these
warnings simply be ignored -- there are hundreds of them in the USA.

Thanks, and sorry for any misunderstandings.