logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Sample basic mkgmap config file

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Tue Feb 19 17:26:18 GMT 2019

Hi Ticker,

I don't understand what you mean with
"Removing all the common suffixes (road/street/etc) to the second stage
of address searching just makes finding an address awkward and
unnatural. It is normal to select the full street in 1 stage then the
locations within the street in the next stage."
Is that something that you do in your style?

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Ticker Berkin <rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk>
Gesendet: Dienstag, 19. Februar 2019 12:32
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Sample basic mkgmap config file

Hi Gerd

--split-name-index and --road-name-config behave as expected, but:

UK roads are always indexed by their first word, even when the word is
'The'.

Removing all the common suffixes (road/street/etc) to the second stage
of address searching just makes finding an address awkward and
unnatural. It is normal to select the full street in 1 stage then the
locations within the street in the next stage.

My opinion is that using --order-by-decreasing-area and then, if you
have a typ-file, setting all [_drawOrder] to the same value, gives a
good map, whereas attempting to pre-define which polygons overwrite
others using [_drawOrder] will be wrong in some cases.

Ticker