logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Sample basic mkgmap config file

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu Feb 14 07:42:29 GMT 2019

Hi all,

here is my proposal for a file which should be good for every new user.
I plan to add it to the examples directory in the distributed zip.
Please suggest improvements if you miss something really important.

I started to write a HOWTO but got stuck because it is so difficult to handle
the differences between Windows/Linux/Mac and the usage of relative
or absolute paths. I've recently learned that new users might not even
know how to copy a file into a hidden directory like C:\ProgramData.

I know that some of you distribute packages containing styles and scripts
but I think they all work either only on Windows or on Linux or they require
further packages like pearl. Correct me if I'm wrong.

No idea how to continue here :(