logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit r4271: improve reader for polish (*.mp) format

From Andrzej Popowski popej at poczta.onet.pl on Mon Feb 11 22:40:33 GMT 2019

Hi Gerd,

I have extracted objects, that are problematic on my map, see attached file.

Both roads trigger error messages, when I compile my whole map:
SEVERE (RoadDef): D:\Emapa\Popej\_Topo-360\zrodla\00008011.mp: internal
error? The nodeCount doesn't match value calculated by RoadNetWork:
(http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/326440)
SEVERE (RoadDef): D:\Emapa\Popej\_Topo-360\zrodla\00008042.mp: internal
error? The nodeCount doesn't match value calculated by RoadNetWork:
(http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/986610)

There are no errors, when compiling this extract. Maybe there is
interaction with other roads?

Single polygon is not compiled correctly. Compared to GPSMapEdit and map
compiled by cGPSmapper, some parts of polygon are missing.

I think polygon processing should be exactly like for ESRI shape file.
Values of DATA are direct equivalent of rings in SHP. This is what I
have found, when preparing conversion form SHP to mp. If I put all rings
from SHP to mp objects, then cGPSmapper can deal with them correctly.

According to ESRI Shapefile Technical Description, a polygon can contain
multiple outer rings and inner rings. Difference between outer and inner
is drawing direction. Vertices for outer ring are ordered clockwise,
while holes are ordered counterclockwize. When following a border,
interior of a polygon is always to the right side. See page 8 of
https://www.esri.com/library/whitepapers/pdfs/shapefile.pdf

--
Best regards,
Andrzej