logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Shouldn't both options --gmapi and --nsis imply --tdbfile?

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sun Feb 3 09:10:19 GMT 2019

In the German forum (1) a newbe stumbled over this problem.
He started to create his map using options --gmapi and --index and finally also wanted a gmapsupp.img, too.  So he added option --gmapsupp .
Now, with this combination mkgmap doesn't create the mdx file. One has to specify --tdbfile to get this back again, which is really not intuitive.
I think both options --gmapi and --nsis shoud imply --tdbfile, or maybe better, we should simply create the index for the requested output files
when --index is given.

I never understood why adding option --gmapsupp suppresses the creation of the pc index file(s). Is it really only because the current implementation
requires more memory?

(1) https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?pid=736898#p736898