logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Maps no longer working after firmware upgrade?

From Ticker Berkin rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk on Fri Nov 16 17:13:32 GMT 2018

couple of thoughts

I've experienced the devices remembering parts of the map structure and
 being in a bit of a mess when I've used the same map but copied to a
differently structured SD card. Maybe the newer firmware has a
different idea of the internal structures. So, suggest you make a new
map and try that, rather than one the device has seen before.

I got a new Etrex 30x a few weeks ago and upgraded the firmware from
2.50 (as installed on purchase) to the latest: 2.90 (using the garmin
quickstart windows program). I've not had any problems with mkgmap
generated maps.

Ticker