logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Address Searches on new GPSmap66S

From Ticker Berkin rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk on Wed Nov 7 15:57:55 GMT 2018

I've just got a new Etrex 30x, updated with the latest firmware, and
most of the searching is very slow compared with my almost 10 year old
Etrex Legend.

Using mkgmap generated map of the British Isles:

On the Legend, earching for city gives a narrowed list as fast as I can
type in each character of the name. The 30x takes 5 seconds after
Search is selected before displaying nearby cities, then takes about 8
seconds per letter entered before showing the narrowed list. Typing
ahead can reduce the total time taken.

Address searches do work, with the City selection being much faster
than the City search, but I have lots of City points that are not part
of an address.

Ticker