logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Build PrecompSeaGenerator by default?

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Mon Oct 15 11:11:45 BST 2018

@Steve: Do you see any problems with this change?

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Thorsten Kukuk <kukuk at suse.de>
Gesendet: Montag, 15. Oktober 2018 08:40
An: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Build PrecompSeaGenerator by default?

On Sun, Oct 14, Gerd Petermann wrote:

> Hi Thorsten,
> to be honest, I don't know why it is not done. I see no problem to build mkgmap.jar without the line
> <exclude name="**/optional/*.java"/>
> in build.xml.  The jar grows by ~ 20 KB, but still works without any of the optional libs when you use it for the normal purposes.
> Maybe some QA tools would complain?

The readme.txt says:
"The PrecompSeaGenerator is not included in the mkgmap.jar due to additional dependencies."

But I don't see it as problem.

> If you think about releasing a jar file that also contains all the optional libs for the PrecompSeaGenerator this would be a bigger change,
> the libs are > 20 MB and I fear that the old splitter.jar needed for the PrecompSeaGenerator  might confuse new users.

Do you mean with optional libs the "geotools"? I don't think we need to
include them. Whoever is using the SeaGenerator, should have enough
knowledge to enhance the searchpath with help of the readme.txt from
mkgmap.

  Thorsten