logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Beaches as a polygon

From lig fietser ligfietser at hotmail.com on Thu Sep 27 09:05:56 BST 2018

Hi Nick,
Remarkable that this have not been noticed already!
I would suggest polygon type 0x53, typ viewer shows this as is the non NT version of 0x10C06 (if that matters). And please add natural=sand.
Suggestion:

natural=beach | natural=sand [0x53 resolution 20]
________________________________
Van: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> namens nwillink <osm at pinns.co.uk>
Verzonden: woensdag 26 september 2018 23:04
Aan: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Onderwerp: [mkgmap-dev] Beaches as a polygon

Hi

I noticed that the default style only renders Beaches as a point not a
polygon.

Beaches as a polygon  may be unimportant to many but I feel that without
them maps are very misleading and incomplete -

see picture

http://files.mkgmap.org.uk/download/437/beach.jpg

 (left default style , right with beach)

Garmin deems them important as they are included as an option in their kmtf
files for their City Navigator maps and nuvis etc.

Given the fact that only a very limited number of polygons are used in a
kmtf file, the beach inclusion seems quite significant.

They use 0x10C06 in City Navigator.

Just a suggestion

r.

Nick