logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] probably dumb question about style type

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Wed Sep 19 13:47:39 BST 2018

Hi Marc

>  From the code, I think 0x1f. I still don't get what I'm supposted to use in my style though to
> display those non extended values:)

In my opinion the way you wrote it is correct, and mkgmap should
not be giving an error for it.

That should be fixed, but in the mean time, everything in the first
table with type 0x00 at
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM_Map_On_Garmin/POI_Types should
be regarded as having a type with no subtype.  So column "Sub-type" in
that table is better thought of as being the type and 0xYY can be
written as 0xYY00.

So you can write 0x5200 instead of 0x0052.  They (should) mean exactly
the same thing to mkgmap.  Removing the check allows both to be used
and give the same results.

I'm not sure what the correct check is, perhaps:

	if (type >= 0x100) {
		// This a type and sub-type. Check max sub-type of 0x2f (or 1f?)
		if ((type & 0xff) > 0x2f)
			return false;
	} else if (type > 0x7f) {
		// But, perhaps all types are allowed and this
		// is not needed?
		return false;
	}

Best wishes,