logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] new option --add-boundary-nodes-at-admin-boundaries

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Fri Jul 27 07:29:33 BST 2018

Hi all,

please try r4213 in the country-border branch, I think it is ready for merge into trunk:
http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/download/mkgmap.html

I hope this description is clear enough, please suggest improvements / corrections:

--add-boundary-nodes-at-admin-boundaries=NUM
	This option controls how mkgmap calculates special routing nodes which
	are needed by Garmin software to allow routing between different map tiles.
	These nodes are written to section 3 and 4 in the NOD file.
	When a road crosses the tile boundary (bbox), the road is split at this
	point and such a special node is written. This allows routing between
	one set of tiles produced by splitter.jar. However, if you create a map
	from different sets of tiles, those tiles are likely to overlap.
	For the overlapping tiles, none of the entries in NOD3 match and thus
	routing across tile border doesn't work when the route is not fully
	covered by one of the tiles.
	The option tells mkgmap to add special nodes whereever a road touches or
	crosses an administratve boundary. The NUM parameter specifies a filter
	for the admin_level. Boundaries with a higher admin_level value are ignored.
	The default value is 2 (country borders). Another reasonable value might
	be 4. A value less or equal to 0 tells mkgmap to ignore intersections at
	administrative boundaries.