logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] routing between different maps

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu Jul 26 12:23:23 BST 2018

Hi Andrzej,

okay, seems there are many ways to test this ;-)
I've created the routes in MapSource and transferred them to the Oregon.
Next, I looked at them in the Route Manager. With other routes, when I select button "Map" in the Route Manager
the route is also first displayed as a straight line and then recalculated.
Only with these map crossing ways I don't see a recalculation. Interesting is that I see recalculation when I select
a different default route vehicle, but the results look bad.

Anyway, I think the extra nodes can improve routing, so I'll add an option to specify the admin_level.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Andrzej Popowski <popej at poczta.onet.pl>
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 26. Juli 2018 13:01
An: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] routing between different maps

Hi Gerd,

I have imported your routes to BaseCamp and then sent to Dakota. It
looks ok. When I select route as a destination, Dakota shows route for a
moment as a straight line and then recalculates on roads, see pic
"go-to". If I start navigation, then Dakota calculates again, adding a
leg to starting point of selected route, see pic "route".

--
Best regards,
Andrzej