logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] DEM/Contourlines causing grey (empty) squares at the border of maps

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Mon Apr 30 22:47:41 BST 2018

okay - well thanks for your reply. I also think now it mainly depends on
the .poly file - however it can be that changing the dem-dist or the hgt
imput files makes it work nonetheless (but not very likely)
I think right now the best is to first try with the geofabrik poly file, if
that does not work then use the area.poly file from mkgmap splitter after
splitting the geofabrik extract.

Except for the Europe map where I actually found breakage in the middle of
the map - so far I've only found the error on the outside. The breakage in
the Europe map made me believe it's not the poly`- but I think I got
carried away because of this.
Need more time to rerender every broken contourline map and check.

The area.poly file produced by the splitter seems to work all the time -
all my problem cases so far disappeared.

I have one more idea - Could it be possible that the polygon is not allowed
to be too complex? Maybe if within a tile there is a certain limit on how
many times the area.polygon may cut in?
 In general all poly files that are not very complex work very well.

What did actually work sometimes what splitting the tiles smaller, and then
the map would work with all else equal.

In general most countries with problems have very detailed area.poly file
from geofabrik.
Felix

Schusterbergweg 32/8
6020 Innsbruck