logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Bug in Road Merging - actually doubling roads.

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Fri Mar 23 08:39:47 GMT 2018

Hi Henning,

Henning Scholland wrote
> Hi Gerd, I just was thinking about if one road is leaving the roundabout
> at two angles it may count on the Garmin as two roads and will lead to
> 'exit on 3rd exit' instead of 'exit on 2nd exit' for example.
>
> But I haven't gave it a try yet.

ah, okay, got it. I think Garmin should calculate the number for the exit
without "thinking" about the further
route but who knows.
I'd like to test it on my own but I found it too difficut to create a style
that tries to do the same as Felix'
style, and you don't get the same results when you simply add overlapping
highways in JOSM.

I am not aware of another style that adds multiple routable ways for one OSM
way, and Felix doesn't want to share his, so testing is his work. I can only
make educated guesses about the effects,
and of course I'll test it with other styles before committing it.