logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] TYP filename too long

From Ben Konrath ben at bagu.org on Thu Mar 22 20:09:02 GMT 2018

Hi,

A user recently reported that my maps weren't able to be installed with
BaseCamp (error: "The data was not successfully sent"). It turns out that
name of the TYP file was too long; the MapSetToolkit program reported an
error on the OpenMapChest registry entries: openmapchest.typ - 12+3
characters. After renaming the TYP file to omc.typ in a new build,
transferring worked correctly.

It would be nice if mkgmap truncated TYP file names that are too long. I
think the maximum length is the old DOS standard of 8+3 characters. I'm
using a relatively old version of mkgmap (3909) so this might already be
fixed. But in case it's not, I thought I would report it.

Thanks for all your hard work on mkgmap!

Regards, Ben