logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Route Calculation Error and Ferries

From Ticker Berkin rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk on Mon Mar 12 15:31:07 GMT 2018

Hi

I almost always get "Route Calculation Error" on my Garmin when a ferry
crossing is required. GPSMapEdit "Tools > Test Routing Graph" does find
the routes and it shows reasonable properties for the ferries, walkways
and relevant roads.

I'm testing it with a mix of foot and car ferries. In the routing
options, all "Avoids" are turned off (ie allow tolls, unpaved, etc)

If I create a "Route" on the device, with a "Via Point" on the ferry
line, and then navigate this route, it works, except immediately after
the "via point" it gives the instruction is "Make a U-turn"

This ferry works:
https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/3533551

These don't:
https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/614416