logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Bug in Road Merging - actually doubling roads.

From Mike Baggaley mike at tvage.co.uk on Fri Mar 9 16:01:27 GMT 2018

Hi Gerd, I don't know anything about this bit of code, but the problem in
the before and after pictures look to me like they are not the result of
attempting to fix the angle, but look like they are the result of the second
and fourth nodes in the spur both rounding to the same point, and it seems
to me that the solution is to detect that the way has gone back on itself,
and delete the intermediate node. If there are no junctions between two
points that loop back on themselves, they should be able to be safely
deleted before they are passed to WAF. Of course, I may be completely
misunderstanding the intricacies of the problem, in which case I apologise
for interrupting.

Cheers,
Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Gerd Petermann [mailto:gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com]
Sent: 09 March 2018 08:16
To: Development list for mkgmap <mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk>
Subject: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Bug in Road Merging - actually doubling roads.

Hi Felix,

okay, thanks.
BTW: I still have no good idea how to solve the problem with the spike at
node 1270407079.
The attached screen shots show the problem. The coloured lines are the
input.
Many very short ways and all points are far from the Garmin grid points.
The picture before.png shows the input to WrongAngleFixer (WAF), the
after.png the output.
The output is a bit better, but no improvement regarding the spike.
I think WAF should collapse the two ways (111528849 and 111528851) which
build the spike.