logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Bug in Road Merging - actually doubling roads.

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Wed Feb 28 19:54:47 GMT 2018

Hi Gerd
will do so tomorrow - cannot get onto my server since 2 hours (if I still
cannot get on the server I will compile locally on Friday).

As for the mail - yes I read it and replied in here.
I think the order for most would be the opposite - throw away the first
roads, not the last! Usually you would first put in routes, bridges and so
on into your map - then maybe lines just for visualisation - all with
continue, and then finally put in the road itself without continue.
For my maps the best approach in doubt would be:
1. check if one segment is completely double (same type - fully covered by
the same type).
2. Throw away 0x13 (I use this invisibly for routing)
3. Throw away those roads created first if still needed.

Felix

On 28 February 2018 at 18:49, Gerd Petermann <
gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Felix,
>
> please try also to compile with this additional patch and produce the
> debug info again.
> The patch simply executes the road merging before the angle fixing. I am
> not sure
> why we don't always do it in this order.
>
> By the way, did you read this post?
> http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/pipermail/mkgmap-dev/2018q1/028260.html

Schusterbergweg 32/8
6020 Innsbruck