logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Line TYP Collision between two different maps

From Thomas Morgenstern webmaster at img2ms.de on Wed Feb 21 19:03:57 GMT 2018

Each Typfile is designed for only one FID, not for a (map-)name. The FID is stored inside at Byte 48 and 49. It is irregular, if 2 different typfiles with the same FID exists. If you use Mapsource or MapInstall to send the map's to GPS, this can never occur, because Mapsource shows only 1 map per FID. The PID is not interesting.
Thomas

Von: scott taggart
Datum: Mittwoch, 21. Februar 2018 18:36
An: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: [mkgmap-dev] Line TYP Collision between two different maps

Hello,

I am seeing a collision between custom line TYPs when I generate two different .img files (different Map IDs (--mapname= parameter to mkgmap)).  Here is what I am seeing and was wondering if anyone could offer ideas:

Map 1 : TYP file : Type=0x100001 (solid red), contains a single line
Map 2 : TYP file : Type=0x100001 (solid green), contains a single line

Both .img files get loaded into my gps (montana) and are enabled and both lines show, however, map 2's lines shows as red, not green, as expected.  If I disable map 1, map 2's line still shows incorrectly.  If I delete map 1 form the gps, then map 2's line shows correctly.  I thought that each map had its own TYPs and the GPS would sort out which TYP to display for each map's line.  It seems that the gps unit is getting confused or caching the line TYPs from the "first loaded" map and using those for subsequent maps.  If it were true that an earlier loaded map's custom TYPs override later loaded maps, how would it be possible to sort out custom types across different maps?

Another thought I had is that since both my maps share the same family id and product id, could this be causing the collision?  I cannot find any decent documentation on what family id and product ID are supposed to be.

Thanks for your help,

Scott