logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] DEM test & artifacts

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Wed Feb 21 18:55:36 GMT 2018

Hi David,

did you try r4126 without dem-poly?

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von David <david.tlp at orange.fr>
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 21. Februar 2018 19:32:45
An: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] DEM test & artifacts

Hello Gerd,

Here is more information about how I obtained my result. I used mkgmap v4107 and  splitter v590. My options for DEM are :

dem=./MySrtm1Folder

dem-dists=3312,13248,26512,53024,106048

dem-poly=./MyPolygon.poly

dem-interpolation=auto

overview-dem-dist=212096

I do not define any polygon option for splitter. As explained in my previous email, to avoid the generation of a shadow in plain ocean, I defined a new polygon inside the correct shadow rendering area and it solved my problem. For the artifacts I described, follow this link to see what I mean :

http://emerald-island.eu/wikka/ShadowArtifacts

It was made with mkgmap version 41067 and 4126 and splitter 590 with the same result.

Again for your great work, chapeau bas,

David