logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] DEM test & artifacts

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Tue Feb 20 14:56:03 GMT 2018

Hi David,

just noticed that the extract from geofabrik contains a far too large bounds statement.
So, I've defined a rectangular polygon that is a bit closer to the coast. This is used for splitter
in the attached modified scripts. Maybe it helps?

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Gerd Petermann <gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com>
Gesendet: Dienstag, 20. Februar 2018 15:35:48
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] DEM test & artifacts

Hi David,

you did not tell us much about your options for splitter and mkgmap, so it is difficult to reproduce your results.
Did you use the polygon for splitter or for mkgmap (--dem-poly) or for both?
When you use --dem-poly you will see a different shading for those areas outside the polygon, so I would not use
that option.  No idea about the artifacts. I don't see them in a map created created with the attached script, using
splitter r590 and mkgmap r4125. Please post a screen shot or a link to your map and describe the position of the problem.