logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] --route and --transparent

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Fri Feb 16 06:52:17 GMT 2018

Hi all,

GPSMapEdit descripes the transparent option for cgpsmapper like this:
N : Not a transparent map
Y : Transparent map without background object
S:  Transparent map with transparent background object

in mkgmap the meaning of the --transparent option is like Y
When I change mkgmap so that it creates 0x4b background polygons even when the transparent flag is set
routing still works. This matches the "S". My understanding is that the typ file must define a transparent
0x4b polygon.

So, I think we should implement the transparent option as in cpgsmapper, or maybe simply change it from Y to S.

I've also noticed that the Garmin overview maps for Adria Topo and TopoGuide Hungary 2.12c don't
contain 0x4b polygons. In mkgmap we always add a 0x4b polygon to the overview map, even if the transparent
flag is set. No idea if this is important somewhere, it doesn't seem to have an influence on the routing,
but it seems to waste some bytes.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Gerd Petermann <gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com>
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 15. Februar 2018 14:41:19
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] --route and --transparent

Hi Steve,

I cannot reproduce that. I changed the code in TREHEader so that the bit is no set:
//              if (props.containsKey("transparent"))
//                      poiDisplayFlags |= POI_FLAG_TRANSPARENT;

Routing doesn't work in Mapsource or Basecamp.
I've double checked with TreDisplay that the flag is really not set in any map.