logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Heureka!

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Wed Feb 14 17:32:08 GMT 2018

Hi Gerd

> I think I found the flag that has to be set to avoid the crash:
>
> The 1st bit at offset 0x3F in TRE must be 1, not 0.

I've just looked at various maps.  It seems that bit is always
set in detail maps from Garmin and also cgpsmapper created maps
regardless of whether it contains a DEM or not.

It is usually not set in a garmin basemap even when it does contain
a DEM.  Seems that cgpsmapper maps sets it in basemaps too, or at
least later versions did.

..Steve