logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] order of subfiles in tdb and hasDem flag

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Sun Feb 11 17:16:58 GMT 2018

Hi Gerd

> I've noticed that mkgmap writes the sub files (DEM, TRE, NOD,... )
> in a different order compared to the Garmin maps .

Garman uses various different orders, we use the same order of sub
files (in the .img) as maps available when mkgmap was started,
including MetroGuide Europe and maps made with cgpsmapper.  That order
was RGN, TRE, LBL, NET, NOD.

For the TDB file, it makes sense that they should be in the same
order as in the .img file.  This is the case for both the Garmin
maps I looked at.

I don't know why we do not do that, we originally wrote them in the
same order that we wrote the sub-files, but this was changed when
net/nod support was added to the tdb file.

I am all for changing our code to write the subfiles in the TDB file
in the same order as they occur in the input files.

..Steve