logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] order of subfiles in tdb and hasDem flag

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sun Feb 11 15:59:26 GMT 2018

Hi tdb experts,

I've noticed that mkgmap writes the sub files (DEM, TRE, NOD,... )
in a different order compared to the Garmin maps .
Also, the display tool TdbDisplay expects them in this order and reports wrong file sizes
when they are in a different order.
Maybe this is related to the fact that mkgmap still writes header version 407 while those
Garmin maps show 411, maybe it was always wrong?

"AdriaTOPO 2.40" uses this order:
LBL,RGN,NET,DEM,TRE

"TopoGuide Hungary 2.12c" show this order:
LBL,RGN,NET,NOD,DEM,TRE

mkgmap always starts with TRE.
I assume the order doesn't matter, we just have to make sure that file sizes and the names are
written in the same order and TdbDisplay should use the file names to determine the meaning of
 the size fields.
Or maybe the order should be as in the Garmin maps ?