logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] documentation improvements

From Mike Baggaley mike at tvage.co.uk on Sat Feb 3 13:31:57 GMT 2018

Hi Gerd,

I have attached a further patch for documentation improvements. This
clarifies the syntax for several of the options and moves all the deprecated
and obsolete options to the end. Please review and commit if happy.

In further reading the documentation, I have the following questions that
require clarification in the documentation:

What are the units for --polygon-size-limits?

Can we clarify --draw-priority=25. There is no explanation of what the 25
does. Is this only value that can be provided? What is different if this
option is not provided?

The operation of the --max-jobs option seems illogical. Why is the default
not to use all the CPU cores and hence presumably minimise execution time?

Cheers,
Mike