logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Why is mkgmap the option --country-name=name

From Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com on Fri Feb 2 20:58:38 GMT 2018

Eugeny_B <eugeny_burynin at mail.ru> writes:

> Why is mkgmap the option --country-name=name and --country-abbr=abbreviation,
> that it can not take the country name from --bounds=directory|zipfile

My experience, not really figured out, is that objects inherit the given
country if they do not match anything from bounds (and probably, only if
they are not explicitly tagged).

I have not yet figured out how many objects get no country, when
building from the geofabrik US Northeast extract.  I also have not
figured out what happens to those objects in terms of the indexes when
there is no default country.