logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Please help with news about new DEM options

From lig fietser ligfietser at hotmail.com on Wed Jan 31 08:48:41 GMT 2018

Yes, it would be helpful if we mention where we can get the hgt files, a few examples of the dem-dist values and an explanation how to calculate it. This information is already there but mentioned in the many updates  of the branch versions.

I use  http://www.javawa.nl/srtm/index.php?lang=nl because it has a good overview map, the disadvantage is that you need to download every single tile manually and not in one big download. Maybe there are better alternatives?

Gerd wrote:

Hi all,

with r4093 I've merged the dem-tdb branch into trunk. I think it would be good to mention this in the
"Latest news" on [1] , maybe with one or two screen shots, but I have no idea how to write this "from a users view".
Do we need a how-to that describes the sources for hgt files and maybe more about the new options?
It would be great if somebody could help with that.

Gerd

[1] http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/