logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] remove splitter option align-for-dem again or change mkgmap?

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Mon Jan 29 08:31:29 GMT 2018

Hi Andrzej,

sorry, I don't get the idea. What bounding box do you mean? I assume you talk about what is called SubDivision in mkgmp?
What rounding errors do you fear? Do you think that it can cause trouble when a sub division from tile A overlaps another from tile B
at level 1..7 ? I think this is what usually happens now, but I am not 100% sure.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Andrzej Popowski <popej at poczta.onet.pl>
Gesendet: Sonntag, 28. Januar 2018 18:19
An: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] remove splitter option align-for-dem again or change mkgmap?

Hi Gerd,

I say layers, but maybe you call them levels, like in option:
levels = 0:24, 1:23, 2:22, 3:20, 4:18

If splitter uses --resolution=18, then for the case above, layer/level 4
can get exactly the same bounding box as layer/level 0. If you use
arbitrary resolution, then there were some rounding errors. I understand
mkgmap can cope with this somehow.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej