logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] documentation patch

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Wed Jan 24 11:16:22 GMT 2018

Hi Mike,

my understanding is that a gmapsupp.img is a mapset, as well as the files in a gmap folder,
as well as the files that are combined with the nsis installer.
Maybe map and mapset are the same in this context.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Mike Baggaley <mike at tvage.co.uk>
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 24. Januar 2018 11:44:38
An: 'Development list for mkgmap'
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] documentation patch

Hi Gerd, I don't understand what is meant by a mapset in this context. As I
understand it, a single run of mkgmap builds a map, not a set of maps. The
map may consist of a number of files - is that what you mean by mapset? I
notice there are three other mentions of mapset in the page, but no
explanation of what it means. Can you clarify, perhaps we can come up with a
better term?

Moving the overview-mapname sentence seems sensible.

Cheers,
Mike