logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] HGT - getElevation()

From Andrzej Popowski popej at poczta.onet.pl on Fri Jan 19 16:20:34 GMT 2018

Hi Gerd,

 > I'd prefer to use unmodified dem-dist values for now, besides that the
 > unit tests don't compile with it.

I'm trying to get DEM looking like in Garmins img. The actual rounding
in code can be disabled, but then it would be up to user, to set correct
distances. I don't know, if rounding is important. Maybe some devices
need it?

 > After adding 0.01 as new parm some tests fail.

This looked like an easy way to get HGT without computing and comparing
values for all layers. It could be done better, if the idea fo this
patch worked out.

Sorry about tests, I don't know how to execute them.

Now I consider to add bicubic interpolation, like this code:
https://github.com/mlevans/pretty-heatmaps/blob/master/DensityArrayCreation/src/DensityArrayCreation/Bicubic.java

--
Best regards,
Andrzej