logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] HGT - getElevation()

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu Jan 18 06:00:23 GMT 2018

Hi Andrzej,

I cannot yet confirm this, please see http://files.mkgmap.org.uk/download/400/demmove.7z
It contains a script to create different maps and screenshots that show that maps is changed with your patch

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Andrzej Popowski <popej at poczta.onet.pl>
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 17. Januar 2018 23:24:35
An: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] HGT - getElevation()

Hi Gerd,

I have tried to verify, if aligned DEM is correct. I think algorithm
have passed positively 2 tests:
- reading height from map gives correct values,
- changing bbox of source data doesn't change resulting map, even if it
changes offset applied for aligning.

The aligning changes a bit shading, but it is difficult to decide which
version better. Only your map of Bolivia suggested, that nonaligned
version could be better. Maybe we should investigate this one?

For example we can oversample HGT using some good algorithm, like spline
or lanczos, make unaligned map with oversampled HGT and compare changes
in shadings?

--
Best regards,
Andrzej