logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] HGT - getElevation()

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Tue Jan 16 16:50:29 GMT 2018

Hi Andrzej,
sorry, maybe I made again something wrong while testing :-((
This testing is really difficult, maybe I've exchanged results of patched and unpatched version. In this case my
Or one of my unit tests is wrong. I'll check this again tomorrow, need some rest now ;-)

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Gerd Petermann <gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com>
Gesendet: Dienstag, 16. Januar 2018 17:40:54
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] HGT - getElevation()

Hi Andrzej,

reg. screen shots:
I created my two screenshots this way:
1) locate a position -> create 1st screenshot -> leave MapSource
2) replace map content (I just rename dirs, both maps are created with the same options, just different binaries)
3) open MapSource, press Strg+G two times, create 2nd screenshot
I think the same works with Basecamp, both remember the position in the map in this case.
You can also use Strg+T to jump to a position.

I've also tested quality again now and found that DEM data is clearly better when DEM bbox is aligned to hgt raster.
So, yes, we should align, and I was wrong, there is no need to change splitter for that, we just have to align the DEM bbox :-)

This allows to get the best result out of a hgt file without using a dem-dist value that is lower than the resolution of the hgt file.
Question is if anything is improved with e.g. dem-dists=3312,... when dem-dists=9942 gives the best possible result?

Gerd
P.S. please review new patch, last one did not use moved value for right boundary