logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] HGT - getElevation()

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Tue Jan 16 11:49:29 GMT 2018

Hi Andrzej,

okay, got it. You are right, one should test the encoded values.
OSM data might as well be shifted due to wrong sat images.
I'm still coding the unit tests, next I'll look again at the different versions of the patch.

ciao,

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Andrzej Popowski <popej at poczta.onet.pl>
Gesendet: Montag, 15. Januar 2018 23:33:03
An: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] HGT - getElevation()

Hi Gerd,

I use SRTM3 v3, so map can be different, but I'm surprised by difference
in details. That's why I wanted to recompile map.

I can see shift in shading when aligning DEM, I told so in my first
post. But I rather don't notice that shading doesn't fit map features.
Probably this becomes visible, when comparing 2 versions.

Judging shadings can be a bit subjective. I have tried to verify actual
height displayed under cursor versus HGT data and this looked good.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej