logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] How to handle missing hgt files or files with voids?

From Andrzej Popowski popej at poczta.onet.pl on Mon Jan 15 12:23:14 GMT 2018

H Gerd,

 > I wonder if we can create a list of files that can exist

I believe that SRTM + Viewfinder Panormas cover full area of lands,
including South Pole (could we compile map of Antarctica?). I wonder if
you could use precompiled sea for checking if HGT is needed.

I wouldn't bother with voids. We can't do anything with it. But you can
try some averaging for layers with lower resolution.

I have used phyghtmap on Windows, just needs all listed components to be
installed.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej