logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] what do the 0x4a polygon in the mean?

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sat Jan 13 15:15:35 GMT 2018

Hi Andrzej,

I don't understand the solutions :-(
My problem is that the jagged data from the overview map doesn't disappear when I zoom in near the boundary.

My ideas:
1) don't add DEM to overview map (a work around)
2) use a slightly smaller polygon when calculating DEM for overview map, so that the nicer data from the tiles covers the jagged data when zooming in.
3) Find a flag or something else that tells the PC program that it should stop rendering the overview DEM at some level.

Is there any match?

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Andrzej Popowski <popej at poczta.onet.pl>
Gesendet: Samstag, 13. Januar 2018 15:10:46
An: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] what do the 0x4a polygon in the mean?

Hi Gerd,

now I get the problem. What you see is DEM from overview map. I don't
think you can remove that. I have looked at available Garmin maps to
compare, and there are 3 solution:
- Leave jagged DEM, overview map covers a bit more area, so jagged
border is like 700m from tile background.
- Create complete DEM outside map area.
- Add empty DEM to overview map, so it disappears when zooming out.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej