logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mkgmap r4048 seems to fix problem with hill shading

From Frank Stinner Frank.Stinner at kabelmail.de on Sat Jan 13 11:23:12 GMT 2018

Hi all,

i have not seen the problem with the map from Andrzejs, but with Minkos it looks unfortunally for me like an error in dem-encoder.

I'm sure, that garmin software not good work with unexpected data, perhaps buffer overflows and so on. The consequence is not predictable. In best
case we have a strange hillshading. In worst case it looks like in the video or mapsource crashed.

To find such an error we need exact the integer values for encoder. Keep in mind, that the values are depend on the exact left-top coordinate of the
tile, the point distance and the interpolation algorithm. It is possible, that only one zoomlevel is out of order.

Gerd, for such a case it would be a good idea, if mkgmap have a option to export this integer data as textfile or whatever. Then the coordinates are
unnecessary.

Frank

---