logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mkgmap r4048 seems to fix problem with hill shading

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sat Jan 13 10:13:59 GMT 2018

Hi all,

sorry, small correction: The problems look different. With Andrzejs sample only the hill shading disappeared, in your video the map disappears.
The problems look similar in the way that they seem to appear at random positions while zooming in/out, that's why I guessed that we write unexpected
data and the Garmin software doesn't verify it and produces more or less random results.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Gerd Petermann <gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com>
Gesendet: Samstag, 13. Januar 2018 11:05:12
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] mkgmap r4048 seems to fix problem with hill shading

Hi Minko,

your video shows exactly the problems that I saw with Andrzejs map before r4048 :-(
I've noticed that your problems appear on the left side while those in Andrzejs map always appeared
at the bottom. I've also noticed that in Garmin maps the DEM bbox overlaps the tile bbox on all 4 sides while with mkgmap and
BuildDEMFile the upper left corner is the same. Maybe this should be changed.

Reg. your changes on dist values: Hard to say. I also played with differnt dists on Andrzejs sample and the error
changed (appeared at different positions) but never disappeared. Do you still have the previous mkgmap.jar?
If yes, please try to find out and let us know the version.