logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] The 0x4b background polygon in the overview map

From Henning Scholland osm at hscholland.de on Fri Jan 12 16:27:36 GMT 2018

Hi Andrzej
For Africa it can be useful, as areas with drive on left /right are at
least roughly horizontal and vertical. Also you don't need overlapping
for this use case.

In general I also think, as soon as mkgmap can support non-rectangle
tiles, it will be better obsolete. Using non-rectangle map-area would be
a first step on that long way. Anyway we will need either splitter
generating all the necessary args-files as for polygon-desc-file or
mkgmap picking only tiles within or touching the giving poly file. I
estimate using splitter would be faster.

Henning