logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] The 0x4b background polygon in the overview map

From Henning Scholland osm at hscholland.de on Fri Jan 12 15:39:25 GMT 2018

Something similar is already possible with splitter. You can create an
*.osm file with many polygons inside, each with tags name=* and mapid=*
(see attachment). splitter will give you tiles with 6234xxxx and per
polygon a <name>.args with list of necessary data tiles per map. That
args-file you can hand over to mkgmap for creating the map. It's pretty
useful if you create many maps at one time. Gerd coded it a while ago
for my usecase, but as far as I remember it's not documented.

But if your map areas are overlapping you will get some very small ones,
which looks strange. But of course that's just a optical issue and of
course depending on the overlapping.

As I'm using this approach, I haven't thought about let mkgmap calculate
a smaller map, as I just would have add another polygon to my osm-file
in that case.

Henning