logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] DEM Noddy Guide

From Mike Baggaley mike at tvage.co.uk on Fri Jan 5 20:19:39 GMT 2018

Hi all,

I've been following the discussions of DEM with interest, but have so far
not attempted to create a map including this. Is there a guide to the steps
involved in producing the DEM data? I have contour data in OSM format - is
there a simple way to get this into a suitable input format (or is there a
specification  of the input format available, so I can knock up something to
convert it)? I'm assuming that the height data contains the same information
as contour data but in a different format.

Thanks,
Mike