logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mkgmap r4022 ready

From Henning Scholland osm at hscholland.de on Thu Dec 28 10:21:45 GMT 2017

Hi Gerd,

another solution from 'nice looking' point of view except not creating
DEM would be to also create sea polygons for the whole rectangle. But I
guess it's pretty hard as it needs data tiles, am I right? For users of
course it would be better to define an poly-file, where DEM should be
created, as these poly-files already exists.

Btw.: http://www.hscholland.de/OSM/HGT.7z you can find the 'broken'
hgt-files where I got the problem Gerd pointed out. Viewfinder-data are
fine so far.

Can mkgmap read already compressed hgt-files? I remember previously
mkgmap was able to read bzip2 or gz-compressed osm-files. So there are
maybe already classes for reading compressed data in mkgmap.

Finally I want to thanks all of you for the great work! I even don't
know how long I was waiting for this feature!!!

Henning