logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Maps in *.gmap format installation directory

From osm@pinns osm at pinns.co.uk on Mon Dec 18 15:50:56 GMT 2017

For all w7 and 10 you can just dump the gmaps in

c:\programdata\garmin\maps

There is no need to register your product

This works for both Basecamp and Mapsource

To be honest , Garmin Express allows you to install city navigator
anywhere on your pc, BUT uses registry (Installed)

I have also come across the following:

apart from the above

     C:\Users\{user}\AppData\Roaming\GARMIN\Maps (hidden folder!) or
     c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\garmin\maps
(Win XP)

Nick