logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] BuildDEMFile problem

From osm@pinns osm at pinns.co.uk on Thu Nov 23 13:44:40 GMT 2017

Hi Andrzej

Thanks for that.

However,

I find that Transparency still allows for DEM to be visible on the other
maps I create.

Interesting about the DEM having 5 layers and only 4 layers in my data

Again , this normally doesn't cause a problem but it is an issue.

I only include the dem files in the tdb when I upload the map to my
device. Basecamp doesn't seem to complain.

My point was , that for some strange reason the/.hgt file needed for
this area /gets ignored by BuildDEMfile , but not always - see below

Maps anywhere else don't cause a problem -

@ Frank

1) if I add dem files to kent-latest1.osm.pbf from, Geofabrik the
'missing' .hgt file gets included and*the**/whole of Kent /**displays  DEM*

2)  If I use the small map OR 68775599.osm.pbf then the problem happens
only the top part gets DEM - see picture

It perhaps has something to do with having to include a sea .hgt

Nick